This pasta is quite famous. Baked feta pasta gained stardom on Tik Tok in 2019. Blogger Tiiu Piret shared a version of the pasta bake on her blog in 2018. Finnish blogger Jenni Hayrenin posted her version of the feta pasta dish on her blog the very next year and it went viral. BAKED FETA PASTA – ORIGINAL RECIPE – Liemessä
With so much hype is it actually good? I say yes. After some experimenting and modifications I came up with my own version of baked feta pasta. It’s pretty much the same. I just made a few tiny changes like adding spinach and onion.
This simple pasta bake is creamy, savory, and a little tangy. Roasting tomatoes with olive oil, and garlic is always a winning combo. The addition of soft feta makes the sauce scrumptious. Cheese and tomato are great partners in any recipe.
Baked feta pasta is a trend that lives up to its fame. It’s inexpensive to make and you can modify the ingredients to your liking. Change up your pasta recipes with this delectable dish.
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light. Ephesians 5:8
Baked Feta Pasta
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
1 lb pasta
2 pints grape tomatoes
1 (8 oz) block feta cheese
½ cup olive oil
½ yellow onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced in half
¼ teaspoon red pepper flake
fresh ground black pepper
fresh thyme, chopped
fresh oregano, chopped
fresh basil, chopped
large bunch of spinach, chopped
½ cup pasta water
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a medium sized baking dish, place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh thyme, and oregano. Pour about ¾ of the olive oil over the tomato mixture. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Toss everything to coat.
- Place the feta in the center of the pan and drizzle the remaining olive oil on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the tomatoes and feta are browned.
- While the tomatoes are in the oven, cook the pasta of your choice according to the package directions. Right before draining the cooked pasta, reserve ½ cup of the pasta water. Add fresh chopped spinach to the hot water, then drain.
- Once the tomatoes and feta have cooked, take a spoon and break it up and combine everything. Stir in the fresh basil. Add the pasta and spinach. Stir in the ½ cup pasta water. Give it a taste, and add more salt and pepper to your liking,
* Use any type of pasta. The original recipe used spaghetti.
* The pasta water really helps thin out the sauce.
* Greek feta works best.
* Try cream cheese or goat cheese if you don’t like feta.
For this recipe and more, go to the link below to access Mustard Seed Sentinel.