Do you love Chinese food? My family sure does, and this broccoli beef hits the spot for those takeout cravings without breaking the bank. You don’t have to stand over a skillet to make this winning recipe. A little bit of prep, and everything goes into the slow cooker to do all the cooking. Four hours later you have a satisfying meal ready to eat.
The beef is tender, and the broccoli is perfectly cooked in this tasty dinner. The sauce has a nice blend of savory with a touch of sweet. Add some rice, and you have a gratifying meal. Broccoli beef is a delectable dish your whole family will enjoy.
For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. Colossians 1:16
Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef
Yield: 4 servings
1.5 – 2 lbs. sirloin steak, sliced thin
1 cup beef broth
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
½ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
2 crowns of broccoli cut into florets
4 tablespoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons water
sesame seeds for garnish
- In a slow cooker, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.
- Add thinly sliced steak. Toss to coat meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to the beef and stir to combine.
- Add the broccoli and stir. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over white rice. Garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Thinly sliced chuck roast works well too.
Slice meat against the grain.
For this recipe and more go to Mustard Seed Sentinel, Meghan’s Corner at the link below.