It’s easier to find some chicken at the stores right now than toilet paper. Though I hope you have plenty of both. I also hope and pray that you and your family are healthy and well. These are uncertain times, but God is bigger than coronavirus. He will get us through this.
And yes, people are going a wee bit crazy. Panic buying. We’ve all seen the empty toilet paper shelves, among other essentials. Let’s all take a collective deep breath together. That’s better. We are going to make it, by the grace of God. Yes, it’s tough right now with so many unknowns, but God knows. We can trust God completely. So, keep your head up, your hope fixed on Jesus, and know this will end.
You may be cooking more than usual lately, and I want to help you out. This super simple chicken dinner is fantastic. Veggies and meat are cooked together in one pan. Easy and nutritious. Your kids will love it. Your spouse will love it. Your family will praise you for making such yummy food.
If you’ve already got some chicken in the freezer then all you will need is some fresh green beans and Roma tomatoes. Or, you can swap out the vegetables for ones you’ve got on hand. I’ve been able to get fresh produce at my local grocery store, and I hope you can as well. The fresh veggies make this dish so appetizing.
Get your kids involved by having them trim the ends of the green beans, or help measure the ingredients for the marinade. My youngest son, who’s fourteen, usually cuts the green beans for me. Add a salad, some potatoes, or rice, and your meal is complete. Have fun with this one.
The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken
4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 Roma tomatoes
1 lb. fresh green beans
1 cup olive oil
⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
6 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. Basil
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° and spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the ingredients for the marinade. Set aside.
- Trim the ends off the green beans and slice the tomatoes lengthwise into 4 to 6 pieces each. Place the vegetables in a large freezer bag.
- Place the chicken in a large freezer bag. Pour half the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and move the chicken around to give it an even coat. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the vegetables and let that sit on the counter. (Place the vegetables in the refrigerator if you plan to cook several hours later).
- Set your chicken on the counter for about 20 minutes before you put it in the oven.
- Place chicken on the sheet pan first, then fit the veggies around the chicken. Throw out the excess marinade. Sprinkle salt and pepper on everything before it goes in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Use cherry tomatoes instead of Romas.
- Experiment with different vegetables.
- Add fresh parsley when it comes out of the oven.
Get this delicous recipe and all of my recipes at Mustard Seed Sentinel. Go to the “More” tab and scroll down to “Meghan’s Corner”.