The quintessential brunch food is quiche. It’s got a fancy name and it’s associated with a fancy meal. Quiche is actually very simple to make, and can be enjoyed every day. A flaky pastry filled with eggs, milk, and cheese are the base for this savory pie.
Spinach, bacon, and onions are delicious in quiche. You can use a variety of cheeses, vegetables, and meats. Be as creative as you want. Making mini quiches is a fun way to customize them to your liking.
They freeze well and make a great breakfast on the go. Mini quiche would be a wonderful addition to a holiday celebration. Quiche is a versatile dish. It’s filling and can be used in a variety of ways. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner time are perfect for these small pies.
Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12
2 unbaked pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
2 cups milk
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
shredded cheese (Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, Gruyere)
crumbled cheese (feta, blue)
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Spray muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until combined.
- Roll out the pie crust. Use a 3 inch round cutter to make approximately 12 mini crusts per pie crust.
- Place each circle of pastry into the greased muffin pan, gently pressing them to the bottom and sides.
- Put a tablespoon of filling into each pastry shell.
- Pour the egg mixture over the filling, being careful not to overfill.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the quiche is puffed and the pastry is golden brown.
- Cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes. Use a knife to carefully remove the mini quiches. Enjoy!
*Use half whole milk, and half heavy cream for a richer taste.
*Don’t worry if you overfill a few quiches. They will still cook well and taste good.
* Store leftover quiches in the refrigerator.
* Cool the mini quiches before freezing.