This recipe is a great way to add nutrition packed fish to your diet without being boring. The potatoes are perfectly crisp and brown, almost like a chip. The cod is tender, and flavorful with lemon and rosemary. It’s a winning combination.
A variety of herbs will work for this fish. I used the herbs I had on hand from my garden, rosemary and garlic chives. Tarragon or thyme would be tasty. Use what you’ve got, or what you prefer for herbs. Like any recipe, tweak it to your liking.
I love simple dishes that cook in one pan. This meal delivers with wonderful texture and flavor all while giving much needed Omega-3 into your diet. You’ll get a tasty, appetizing dinner, that’s easy to make and satisfying to eat. Enjoy this lovely fish supper!
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him from them all. Psalm 34:19
Roasted Lemon Rosemary Cod and Potatoes
Yield: 4 servings
4 cod fillets (6 to 8oz. each)
1 to 1 1/2 lbs. russett potatoes, skin-on, thinly sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
7 tablespoons total salted butter, (3 T. melted butter for potatoes, 4 T. cubed for fish)
2 garlic cloves minced
4 sprigs of rosemary
1 T. fresh chopped rosemary
1 tsp. fresh chopped garlic chives
salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 lemon thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Slice potatoes into thin rounds and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of melted butter and toss to coat evenly. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, garlic, chopped rosemary, and chopped garlic chives. Mix it all together.
- Spread potatoes into four piles, fanning out each potato wedge so they overlap slightly. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, pat cod fillets dry with a paper towel. Use plenty of salt and fresh ground black pepper on the cod.
- Place a cod fillet on each cooked potato pile. Add 1 T. cubed butter on each fillet. Then place a sprig of rosemary, and two slices of lemon.
- Bake the cod and potato piles for an additional 15 minutes.
- Use a spatula to transfer each cod/potato pile to plates.
- Remove rosemary before eating, and squeeze the lemon slices over the cooked cod.