Nothing says comfort food like pasta. When you add a rich creamy Alfredo sauce it’s like getting a warm hug from your Italian grandma. I don’t have an Italian grandma but I can just imagine one cooking all the best food with love.
In Italy this same dish is just pasta with some butter and parmesan. The version we all know and love with heavy cream is an American take on ordinary Italian food. Both versions are equally delicious.
This heavenly sauce comes together quickly, and beats anything store bought. If you love fresh ground black pepper like I do, then add a lot. The more pepper the better. I also tend to add extra garlic because why not.
Fettuccine Alfredo is a simple delicious pasta dish that makes a great weeknight dinner. It’s worth the few extra minutes involved to make your own rich creamy sauce. This mouthwatering recipe will satisfy your hunger and make you smile.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29
1 lb. fettuccine pasta
½ cup salted butter
2 cups heavy cream
4 crushed garlic cloves
2 ¼ cups grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
fresh ground black pepper to taste
Yield: 6 servings
- Cook fettuccine pasta according to the package.
- In a medium pot melt butter over low heat. Add the cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Keep stirring and don’t let it boil. Milk can curdle if it boils.
- Add the cheese and garlic. Stir with a whisk over low heat until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in the parsley and black pepper.
- Toss the pasta and sauce together. Enjoy!
*The key to this sauce is low heat.
*You need low heat to prevent the milk from curdling and low heat to melt the cheese and not make it grainy.
*Keep stirring while the milk and butter are simmering.
*Keep stirring while the cheese is melting.
*Be generous with the black pepper.
Go to Mustard Seed Sentinel, Meghan’s Corner to get all of my monthly recipes and more.