The name Dole Whip will be familiar to any Disney fans. Disneyland started serving this fantastic ice cream treat back in 1986 at the Tiki Juice Bar which is part of The Enchanted Tiki Room. The popularity has grown so much over the years it’s now considered an iconic refreshment at the Disney Parks. There’s even Dole Whip merchandise for super fans.
You don’t need to take a vacation to enjoy a Dole Whip. You can make this easy frozen treat at home. All you need is a blender and three simple ingredients. Pineapple juice, frozen pineapple, and vanilla ice cream combine to create a delectable flavorful dessert.
Pineapple soft serve is refreshingly cool and sweet on a hot day, or any day. This version of Dole Whip is absolutely delicious with the same wonderful texture and flavor as the original. Enjoy this delightful frosty treat.
For the joy of the LORD is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10
½ cup pineapple juice (4 oz.)
2 cups frozen pineapple chunks (10 oz.)
1 large scoop vanilla ice cream (approximately ¾ cup)
Yield: 2 large servings or 4 small servings
- Put pineapple juice, and frozen pineapple chunks in a blender and pulse for a few minutes to chop the pineapple. Add vanilla ice cream and blend on medium high until combined. Stop every so often and give it a stir and keep blending until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Place the finished mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls and enjoy. If you want the iconic swirl, then use a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into serving bowls just like soft serve.
- After you fill your piping bag, place it in the freezer for a few minutes before making each serving. It’s very soft ice cream and melts quickly.
- You can use fresh cut pineapple. Just freeze it before making the soft serve.
You can find this recipe and all my monthly recipes at Mustard Seed Sentinel, Meghan’s Corner. Mustard Seed Sentinel is an online Christian magazine filled with articles on books, entertainment, and so much more. Subscribe today.