My 100th post! I cannot believe I’ve posted that much. A lot has happened in my two years of blogging. I want to start by saying “thank you!” to each and every one of you. Thank you to each of my followers. Thank you for your support. It means everything to me.
Thank you to every person who has liked and commented on any of my posts. Your feedback is a huge blessing to me. Thank you to anyone who has dropped in and read a post. Thank you!
Here are a few fun facts about my blog.
There have been 71,057 words written on my 99 posts.
I have recieved 1200 likes and 939 comments.
People from 86 countries have visited my site. Places like Sri Lanka, Botswana, Cameroon, Macedonia, Pakistan, and Israel, to name just a few.
I started this blog because I wrote a kids book, Joey Flynn’s Extraordinary Tale. The link is on my home page. I didn’t know what I was doing, or what exactly I was supposed to blog about. I stepped out in faith, trusting that God would equip me, and He did.
I have learned a lot, written a lot, met all kinds of great people, and gotten stronger in my faith in the process. My goal is still the same, “to encourage kids and adults“. I say kids because of my book, and future kids books. I always write from the perspective of my faith and share the truth about the Bible, and Jesus to the best of my ability.
Every post has been prayed over, studied, researched, and written with care to bless you.
Here is my first blog ever Unqualified
Thank you for coming along on this blogging journey with me. I pray that you have been encouraged in some small way by my writing. I am so grateful for you! I’m just getting warmed up. I’ve got lots more to write about.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Love you all,
For fun, I’ve put together a list of 100 random things about me. They are in no particular order. Enjoy!
- I’m addicted to coffee.
- I love Cobb salad.
- My dream job is to be a pastry chef.
- My other dream job is to be a farmer.
- I don’t drink soda very often.
- The first thing I do in the morning is grab my Bible.
- I make coffee before I do anything else. (Refer to #1)
- Bible, coffee, and prayer start my day.
- I love being outside.
- I’m obsessed with the sky.
- I’m always looking at clouds.
- I’m also obsessed with the night sky.
- I love the moon.
- I see God everywhere in nature.
- I love to laugh.
- I find so many things funny.
- Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts.
- I dream of going to Israel.
- I also dream of going to Italy.
- My childhood dream was to be a fashion designer.
- I was always drawing as a kid.
- Baby animals make me smile.
- Birds are incredible.
- Rainy days make me want to bake, read books, and watch movies.
- I love architecture.
- I love old churches and cathedrals.
- I love the old Spanish Missions.
- The beach is one of my happy places.
- I’m happiest barefoot.
- I have naturally curly hair.
- I usually straighten my hair.
- I would cry as a little girl when my mom combed my thick, tangled hair.
- I hate large bugs.
- I screamed the first time I saw a huge cockroach in Texas. (They are BIG here)
- I Love being on the water. Ocean, lake, stream, pool; it doesn’t matter.
- I swim often in our swimming pool.
- My favorite season is summer.
- Impressionism, naturalism, and realism are my favorite styles of paintings.
- I don’t like clutter.
- I love post-it notes and use them a lot.
- Hurting, broken people are my people.
- I wanted to be Wonder Woman as a child.
- I hate horror movies.
- I enjoy Indie movies. (good ones)
- I love documentaries.
- Biographies and history are my favorite types of books.
- I don’t enjoy novels.
- A pet peeve I’ve got is back massages during church. It’s creepy and distracting.
- I’m a teensy bit claustrophobic.
- I love antiques.
- I love a bargain.
- I love to dance.
- I love the smell of fresh cut grass.
- Peanut butter M&M’s are the best ones.
- My favorite ice cream is peanut butter chocolate from Baskin Robbins.
- Lilacs and hydrangeas are two of my favorite flowers.
- I do not like public speaking.
- I love hiking trails.
- Working in my garden is therapy for me.
- I am a task-oriented person.
- I teach a cooking class to middle school and high school age kids.
- I’m about to start my 17th year of homeschool.
- I love to cook.
- I love to try new recipes and force my family to eat them.
- Italian food is my all time favorite.
- I don’t like to fold and put away laundry.
- My favorite movie candy is Junior Mints.
- I love sweet tea.
- My favorite preacher is Charles Spurgeon.
- I greatly admire Joan of Arc.
- One of my favorite colors is teal.
- Elijah and Moses are two of my favorite Bible people.
- I keep most cards I’ve been given.
- I love Christmas.
- I go overboard with Christmas decorations.
- I love big coffee mugs. (refer to #1)
- I love getting a pile of cookbooks from the library and getting inspired.
- I love getting a pile of history, art, and gardening books from the library.
- I love to watch America’s Test Kitchen.
- I love to watch The Great British Bake Off.
- I love to take pictures of pretty much everything.
- Most of the pictures on my blog are mine.
- I plan on writing a second book.
- I may even write a third book.
- I never dreamed of being a writer.
- I love to encourage people.
- I sing loudly and badly in my car.
- I love to travel.
- I love exploring new places.
- I love 80’s music.
- Worship music is my jam.
- I love hanging out with my husband and sons.
- My husband and sons make me laugh and fill me up.
- I am blessed with incredible Godly women whom I call friends.
- I never met a stranger.
- I keep my circle of people small.
- I have 4 siblings.
- My little sis is one of my people.
- I love to entertain and plan parties.
- I love to put gifts together for others.
Photo by Magda Ehlers on Pexels.com