This is my favorite pound cake. It’s delicious and easy. I found this scrumptious dessert years ago in Southern Living magazine. I get asked for this recipe every time I make it. I shared this pound cake when I first started writing for Mustard Seed Sentinel, and wanted to share it again with new followers.
Enjoy this delightful sweet treat. Life is short. Have a piece of cake.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 ½ cups butter, softened
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
⅛ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 300°
2. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined. Add vanilla extract, beat until blended.
4. Combine flour and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Don’t over mix.
5. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan or tube pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely for about an hour.
~I prefer to use three loaf pans. Cooking time drops to approximately 1 hour 5 minutes when using loaf pans. You can freeze the loaves. Thaw before serving.
~Reduce the sugar to 2 ½ cups or 2 ¾ if 3 cups is too sweet. It still comes out yummy.